Love shopping at our center? Love working here too!
Whether looking for a position with the center or one of our leading retailers, please check back often as positions are updated frequently.
- Saks Fifth Avenue
Alterations Manager/Full Time Posted Dec 5th
Under direction from the Assistant General Manager of Operations, the Alterations Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to all of the Alterations associates in order to provide outstanding service and meet the demands of the clients and selling organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a professional work environment by communicating and exemplifying Saks Fifth Avenue standards of excellence.
- Create effective teamwork between the selling organization and the Alterations department.
- Create effective teamwork within the Alterations department.
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service within the department by recruiting, selecting, training, and developing quality professional Alterations associates.
- Monitor and ensure that all Alterations systems, procedures and pricing policies are consistently utilized.
- Achieve or exceed all statistical, productivity, financial and performance goals.
- Deliver ongoing education, assessment and performance feedback to associates with regard to quality, productivity, service and alterations policy and procedures.
- Manage the resolution of customer service related issues with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Forecast workload and monitor associate schedules (to include strategic vacation planning) in order to maintain appropriate departmental coverage.
- Utilize technical expertise to train existing staff, evaluate/test candidates and to make Alterations business decisions.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Responsible for upkeep and service to all workroom equipment including boiler/steam support.
- Responsible for supply orders and organization.
- Support company/store initiatives and events
- Preferred management experience and a proven track record in leading a successful team.
- Minimum 3 years seamstress/tailoring experience in high-end merchandise.
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and motivate people while driving company and store initiatives.
- Ability to learn IT applications, software proprietary to Saks Fifth Avenue and possess basic email and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and able to devise flexible and successful solutions to complex technical problems.
- Takes initiative in addressing workroom and store challenges.
- Creates a positive working environment.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as the ability to work independently to drive a successful department.
- Exhibit sound business judgment, demonstrated people management, and organizational ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills needed, Fluency in a second language is an added benefit.
- Associate’s degree preferred.